While, many seem concerned, about the current state, of the American political system, and the potential/ real dangers, to the democratic way – of – life, and, perhaps, to democracy – itself, few seem to place the reasons, where they truly, belong! Unfortunately, we are witnessing, very – little, common sense, and genuine integrity, and this necessity, fails to ALIGN, with seeking a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, especially, one, where, elected officials, are ready, willing and able, to talk – to, rather than, at, each – other, in a well – considered, pragmatic manner! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Attention; assess; attitude; articulate; actions; abilities/ aptitude: We need public officials, who have the combination, of a positive, can – do, attitude, with a well – developed, relevant, aptitude, and skill – set, so they are capable of proceeding with the abilities, needed, to make a difference, for the better, which aligns with Constitutional guarantees, and all the related, rights and freedoms! This, best – positions, someone, with the ability, to assess priorities, and needs, and articulate an honest, but, inspiring, motivating message, aimed, at bringing – people – together, rather than resorting to, polarization! If the individual, is the right one, he uses strategic planning, and analysis, to create, and implement, the best action plans, and take those actions, needed, in a well – considered, timely way!
2. Listen; learn; lessons; leadership: Public leaders must effectively, listen, to all Americans, instead of, merely, their, perceived, core supporters! The individuals, we elect, must learn, from history, and use those lessons, to avoid making, the same mistakes! In other words, they must, clearly, demonstrate, true and meaningful leadership!
3. Integrity; ideals/ ideology; ideas; innovate; imagine; influence: Why does it seem, so few, elected officials, possess genuine, absolute integrity? We need their service, and actions, to be aligned, and based – on, the highest ideals, and the ideology, this nation, is supposed to represent! Why do we see, so – little, innovative ideas, and relevant imagination? Why won’t they attempt to influence, to be, all – we – can – be?
4. Generate goodwill; greater good: Only, when, generating goodwill, for the greater good, becomes the priority, and focus, will we begin to witness, any meaningful degree of common sense, so we can achieve priorities, sooner, rather than later!
5. Needs: Whose needs should elected officials, serve and represent, and whose, does it seem, they generally, do? Certainly, we can, and must, do better!
Quality change, for the better, will only occur, when American voters, pay less attention to empty promises, rhetoric, and populist politics, and begin, demanding, a focus on relevant, sustainable, common sense actions! These must ALIGN, if we are to see the greater good, served!